PP4E Internet examples
PP4E: Internet examples
The links below launch various browser-based Internet examples,
which are described in the book Programming Python, 4th edition.
Most invoke Python-coded CGI scripts on a server machine, which will
run only if you are running a web server.
There are many additional Internet examples in the text (e.g., the ftp,
email, and socket programs listed below), but they are designed to be
run from a command line, tkinter GUI, or other context, not from a
web browser. Also see the top level of the examples distribution
for tkinter-based GUI demo launchers.
For the sake of security and simplicity, I have only selected some Internet examples of the book.
Also, to run these examples on my site, I have made some minor changes (like URL, look & feel).
The original samples can be found in:
General CGI examples
CGI tutorial examples
See also in the Internet parent directory
- Socket/ - socket examples: thread-server, fork-server, getfile,...
- Ftp/ - ftp examples: mirror, upload, mirrors, sousa,...
- Other/ - http, news, urllib,...
- Email/ - email processing scripts: pop/smtp, pymail,...
- Email/PyMailGui/ - the PyMailGUI Tkinter-based email client program
Links: Author |
Programming Python, 4th Edition |